ICIN 2018 – Call for Papers
21st Conference on Innovations in Cloud, Internet and Networks (ICIN 2018)
February 20 – 22, 2018, Paris, France
****** Paper submission deadline: September 20, 2017 *******
ICIN 2018 will be held 20-22 February 2018 at Orange Gardens premises near Paris, France. The ICIN conference, established in 1989 and praised for the richness of its social networking, is also recognized for its continuous adaptation to emerging technical trends.
2018 will be the year of coordinated 5G deployment across all EU Member states, targeting early network introduction, and moving towards commercial large scale introduction by the end of 2020 at the latest.
As the main theme for ICIN 2018, “5G Network Architecture and Solutions: are we ready?” will explore the maturity and gaps remaining for end-to-end and large scale 5G technologies deployment. The conference will foster presentation of novel approaches and technical solutions, as well as experimental validation and proof of concepts. In addition to this edition theme, ICIN 2018 will keep a wide range of topics of interest within the fields of Cloud, Internet, and Networks as listed below.
Topics of interest
- 5G Control and Management Architecture,
- XaaS Architectures and Models,
- Network solutions for IoT and Vertical Industries,
- CDN and ICN Control and Architecture,
- Autonomic, Cognitive and Intent-based Networking and Management,
- Network Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Reasoning,
- Software Defined Networking,
- Network Function Virtualization,
- Fog, Edge and Multi-Access Computing,
- Multi-domain, Federated and Hierarchical Orchestration,
- 5G Functional Decomposition and Infrastructure Slicing,
- Service Function Chaining,
- Virtual Network Embedding and Function Placement,
- Traffic Engineering and Performance Management for ultra-low latency,
- Advanced real-time communications,
- Performance, QoS/QoE and Scalability Analysis,
- Resource Dimensioning and Optimization,
- Security, Trust and Privacy,
- Big and Fast Data Management,
- Measurement, Monitoring and Telemetry,
- Protocols for Programmable Networks and Software-Defined Infrastructure,
- Open source and Open standards
Submissions should be original, unpublished work, not currently under review by other conferences or journals. Papers submitted to ICIN 2018 will be assessed based on originality, technical soundness, clarity and interest to a wide audience.
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must be done electronically through EDAS: http://edas.info/N23491
All submissions must be written in English, with minimum of 10-point font and must use standard IEEE two-column conference templates that can be downloaded from: http://tinyurl.com/3wax5q
Papers can be of two types: Full papers or Short papers, up to 8 pages and 5 pages respectively, including tables, figures and references.
Demo and poster papers of maximum length of 3 pages are also solicited.
A set of best papers will be selected for fast-track publication as extended version in Journal Annal of Telecommunications.
At least one author is required to register, at the full rate, to present accepted papers at the conference and for the paper to appear in the proceedings and the IEEE digital library.
The technical program of ICIN 2018 will be completed by Tutorials and Workshops.
- Paper submission deadline: 20 September 2017
- Acceptance notification: 15 November 2017
- Camera ready papers: 1 December 2017
- Authors registration: 1 December 2017
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France
Bruce Maggs, Akamai, USA
Laurent Ciavaglia, Nokia Bell Labs, France
Rahim Tafazolli, University of Surrey, UK
Bruno Chatras, Orange Labs, France
Alex Galis, UCL, UK
Antonio Manzalini, TIM, Italy
Jérémie Leguay, Huawei, France
Mohamed-Faten Zahni, ETS, Canada
Stefano Secci, UPMC, France
Michele Nogueira, UFPR, Brazil
Mathieu Bouet, Thales, France
Roch Glitho, Concordia University, Canada
Nadjib Ait-Saadi, ESIEE, France
Emmanuel Bertin, Orange Labs, France
Riadh Dhaou, INPT, France
Ilhem Fajjari, Orange Labs, France
Tobias Hossfeld, UDE, Germany
Shingo Ata, Osaka University, Japan
Deep Medhi, UMKC, USA
Ricardo Macedo, UFSM, Brazil
Bernard Villain, Airbus, France
Guy Pujolle, UPMC, France
Local Arrangements chair
Linda Chong, Orange Labs, France
Overall Arrangements Chair
Aziza Lounis, DNAC, France
International Steering Committee Chair
Noel Crespi, IMT, France
For further information, see www.icin-conference.org
We welcome your contributions and look forward to your participation at ICIN 2018.